Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bangkok prepares for flood...and I shot from the hip

Many parts of Thailand are now flooded. Bangkok is next as excess flood water can not be contained out of the capital. Here are some of the example of how the people in the city prepare for the inevitable. Small business, offices and homes literally build a castle of sand(bags) in front of their entrances to keep water out. Other method includes building concrete walls and some even use both. These photos were taken when walking on the street in my neighborhood. I shot from the hip as I simple walked past these places. Others photos were taken the old-fashion way.  

As I write this post, Bangkok is still (relatively) dry. But things can be very different by tomorrow.

Best wishes to everyone suffering from the flood and everyone who have been helping out.
















No comments:

Post a Comment