Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pre-assignment: Wedding in Hua Hin

Tomorrow morning, I will be taking a little road trip from Bangkok to Hua Hin to photograph a couple in their wedding ceremony. This is not an ordinary wedding. There will be 25 couples taking part in the wedding at the beach side hotel in a traditional Thai ceremony.

The lucky couple are from China. I met them for the first time yesterday. It was very important for me to meet them before the wedding as I want to a chance to get to know them a little before the wedding day itself. I met them in the city, took them a little shopping before I drove them to the hotel out of town (they were kind enough to buy me dinner, first time they tried Thai food!!). This won't be their 'real' wedding, that will happen later next year. They are simply taking part in the ceremony together.

The wedding will take place at noon and they requested that I stay until the evening, taking their photographs at the beach. The beach actually faces east so we won't see the sun setting into the ocean. So my assignment here is two-fold. First, shoot the Thai traditional wedding, and second, photo shoot at the beach in the evening.

And after dinner, I get to drive all the way back to Bangkok at night. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment